Lost Internet Connection, Can’t Send Email? Power cycle the modem!
If you have lost internet connection (meaning you can’t access web pages) and you’re not able to send emails (there is an error that says “Cannot connect to mail.kindergarten.vic.gov.au server”), don’t panic! You may be able to fix this problem quickly yourself!
The first thing we try when this happens is to turn the modem off and on again for a certain amount of time, this is “Power cycling the modem”. So if the problem occurs for you, try this….
- Press the power button located at the back of the modem to turn it off
- Make sure all the lights at the front of the modem are off
- Leave the modem off for 1 minute
- Press the power button again to turn the modem on, leave it for another 5 minutes
- Now test the Internet is working, open the internet web browser (like Internet Explorer), go to a new web page (like www.google.com and search for something).
If the new web page displays, your internet connection is working and email will be too.
Sometimes modems just need a powercycle to regain internet connection. If that doesn’t work then please contact us on (03) 8664 7001 or 1800 629 835.