Some kindergartens have asked us why other services and businesses appear at the top right when they Google search their kindergarten’s name.
When you Google search a business name, Google finds the closest match of businesses registered with Google. This is part of their Google My Business service.
In order for Google to display your service’s details, you need to claim, then verify your business,. It will then be eligible to appear on Search, Maps, and other Google services.
- First step is to read this Google help page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3039617?hl=en
- Next you will need to create a Googlebusiness account: https://www.google.com/business/ (make sure you keep the credentials)
- You will then be able to Add or Claim your business https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778
- Finally, as the last step you will need to verify your local business on Google https://support.google.com/business/answer/7107242
- Take some time to read through that last link as it explains that you may see several different options of how to verify the business:
- You can always opt verify by post. Google will send you a postcard with the verification code.
- You may also see options to verify by email or phone. Google only offers these options to selected businesses.
Once you have verified your business with Google My Business, you can choose to add further details such as a link to your website or details regarding open hours.