Learn how to quickly format data to currency and calculate the total in a Spread Sheet
How to Format Data (currency format)
- Enter the data into the cells, then using your mouse left-click and drag across the cells to highlight the data
- Using the mouse, right-click on the highlighted data and select Format Cells.
- The Format Cells box will appear. In the Number tab, select Currency and choose decimal places (2), then click OK. Your data will be formatted to appear as currency.
How to sum data (Autosum)
- Using the mouse, left-click and drag across the three blank cells directly underneath the data to select them
- Click the AutoSum button (located in the Editing command box on the Home tab). The will quickly sum the data in the column above and put the total in the cell below.